1.13.2009

CLICK, CLICK

I would like to officially be the first to welcome myself to the world of riding clipless. After a brief first ride around town I have to say I'm really happy I made the switch and wish I'd have done it sooner. My Adidas El Moro shoes are comfortable, very stealth in terms of appearance and avoiding the Fred look, and at least for now don't have the cleats rubbing when I'm off the bike. The Crank Brothers Smarty pedals I went with are also treating me well so far. I'm still getting the feel for clipping in quickly, but the release has been effortless and I've got no fears of being that guy tipping over on his bike at a stopped intersection. Based on online reviews I've got my doubts about their longevity, but I suppose time will just have to tell on that one.

Being completely unafraid to plug one of my own bands here, tomorrow night Falcorps is playing with Franz Nicolay of the Hold Steady, which is pretty exciting. We're fairly out of practice and just lost our cello player to another band (damn you, Goodnight House! [actually, this is a project involving lots of good friends and they deserve being checked out]). This obviously causes some worries, but whatever, I'm sure we'll get though the set just fine. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment