1.15.2009

The Bug - London Zoo



I've been slowly working my way into the world of dubstep after being exposed to Burial in '07 after his explosive release of Untrue, which pretty much rocked the whole world of electronic music. In search of other artists in the genre that can impact me as much as Burial did, I've recently come across The Bug's album London Zoo, which was released back in August '08. The Bug (Kevin Martin, IRL) has produced a grime-coated recording full of vocal features from artists like Warrior Queen and Hyperdub labelmate Spacescape. Projecting all sorts of anger and confusion towards an unfeeling outside world, the album feels like the East London slum where it was recorded - not that I've ever been to an East London slum, but I've got a pretty good imagination. Dark as it is, I'm finding it to be a great winter listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment